Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Fiction Review

The Painted View
by Matthew Burns
ISBN-10: 1420803603
This is not your ordinary plot driven book. "The Painted View," by Matthew Louis Burns is unique in a distinctly twisted way.

The human race is in a downward spiral, soon to be unable to reproduce. Paint, the main character, has a brainstorm to help women to reproduce on their own, basically cloning themselves within their own bodies. While this is happening, Paint goes off on many random tangents on just about every subject possible. His ramblings are in turn interrupted by numerous adventures in the bedroom with a plethora of women named just as uniquely as he: Season, Horizon, and Faith, among others. His appreciation for drink, smoke and sex is apropos with his drop of the hat attitude of traveling, trading jobs, and his non-need to make money. Paint is one heck of a character to read about!

I'm not entirely sure that Paint's ramblings are his own or those of the author, since I have not read anything else that Matthew Burns has written. I would venture to say that Paint gives him freedom to express his thoughts! This book is by far the most different thing I have read in years. Quite interesting, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment