Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Interview with author/editor Zsuzsana Summer

Heather Froeschl interviews author and editor of “Angels Abound,” Zsuzsana Summer.

Zsuzsana Summer has worked professionally in the metaphysical field since the early 1990s, and along with spiritual mentoring and coaching, psychic readings and new age information sharing, she has written and published many articles and columns. Her long-running inspirational columns AngelVoice and Tarotscope have been in syndication since 1999. Zsuzsana’s book, The Now Age: Demystifying Spirituality, the New Age and the Metaphysical was released in early 2004, and her illustrated children’s book, My Angel ABCs, was published in December 2004.

Zsuzsana lives in Whitby, Ontario, along with her life partner, 2 cats and a big, shaggy dog. She offers personal psychic and spirit readings as well as coaching for personal empowerment and spiritual growth in the New Age. Her books, readings and contact information are available here.

A synopsis of “Angels Abound: 111 True Stories of Angel and Spirit Encounters”:
Angels are everywhere, and whether they appear with feathered wings and brilliant gowns, as a reassuring voice that carries you through a dark night, or even an unexpected helping hand in a moment of crisis or despair - once you have had an angel encounter you will never be the same.

Reports show recent Gallup polls that state 72% of Americans as believing in angels, while the number is even higher for Christians at 83%. Angels and guiding spirits are an important part of almost every major world religion and of most non-traditional belief systems. New Age thought joyously embraces and celebrates angelic beings and spirit guides.

Angels, ghosts, spirits and spooks - they are everywhere: in movies, TV series and documentaries, magazines and books. Whether you have ever had your own encounter with the other side or whether you are just a believer in the world of spirits, you will enjoy this amazing collection of 111 angel and spirit encounters. These are true stories sent in by my readers and they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that angels come in all forms, shapes, and sizes, and exist on all dimensions - the earth plane included.

Some of these stories are awe-inspiring and heart-wrenching, others are bittersweet, many are joyful, and some are simply small, but all are very precious reminders that we are not alone in this vast universe.

Heather: What prompted you to publish Angels Abound?

Through the reach of my metaphysical website, www.arcanamatrix.com and my long running internationally syndicated column AngelVoice, I came to amass a collection of amazing angelic and spirit encounter stories from my readers that I felt needed to be shared for the inspiration of others. There was NO way I could keep all these wonderful and inspirational stories to myself.

Heather: How did you get started writing about the metaphysical? Did you have a compelling initial experience?

Writing has always been a natural way for me to share my thoughts and musings and I've been writing professionally in different genres and venues for many years. Shortly after my website was developed in 1999, I began writing my syndicated AngelVoice and Tarotscope columns, as well as articles about spirituality and metaphysics. My first metaphysical book was "The Now Age: Demystifying Spirituality, the New Age and the Metaphysical" published in 2004. I can't point to any one particular experience that prompted me to write; although I did have several wonderful spiritual experiences that are detailed in that book. Rather, having traveled a wonderful yet often confusing road in my own personal spiritual journey, I wanted to share that with others in a straight-talking and down to earth, sometimes even humorous way, and thereby present some guideposts for others who are searching for answers on what lies beyond.

Heather: How did you collect the stories that are in the book?

The stories in Angels Abound are a selection from hundreds of letters written to me by readers of my column and visitors to my website. It was a long process to obtain explicit permissions to republish some of these stories and to compile and edit them, but it was also a joy to correspond personally with the contributors who were more than willing to help inspire others with their own experiences.

Heather: Do you know of your own personal spirit guides?

I have had visions of angels on a few occasions, and several ghostly encounters too. I have also experienced amazing synchronicities throughout the many years I have been on a spiritual path. I have also recently had some amazing signs from the spirit world, in particular from a beloved uncle who crossed over a few years ago and reached out to me specifically in response to a plea I made to him. I am still in awe of the way his message came through and although I often wish for much more regular and immediate contact with the spirit world, I have most definitely been assured that 'they' do hear us and do reach out when they can. (To read this story, click here.)

Heather: What is the difference between a spirit guide, an angel, and a ghost?

Technically, there are major differences between angels, spirit guides and the spirits of deceased loved ones or other deceased beings. Angels are beings of light, created by God to be His emissaries between Heaven and Earth. In fact, the word `angel' comes from the Greek 'aggelos' meaning 'messenger' - and signifies that an angel is a link between humans and God. The traditional Archangels and all our named angels and guardian angels belong to this realm.

Angels of the biblical hierarchies have never experienced life on the earth plane and they live in and experience only pure and unconditional love. They do, however, understand human emotions and difficulties, and exist to protect, guide and uplift us by illuminating our existence and showing us divine grace and presence.

Spirit Guides generally have lived at least once but usually many incarnations in earthly form and as such, are well qualified to understand the human condition. In between their earthly lifetimes, and after they have completed their cycles of reincarnation, they have worked on developing their spiritual vibrations and have chosen to re-visit us in our human existence to guide and assist us. Spirit Guides usually appear to us in human form, and whether they appear as a contemporary figure, such as a tweed jacketed, pipe-smoking Brit, as an ancient, eccentric personage such as a Hopi Shaman, or an Egyptian god or goddess, or any personage from a distant but spiritual culture, the messages a true spirit guide imparts are consistently compassionate and wise.

Angelic encounters, full of spiritual guidance, comfort and protection can also come from the spirits of our deceased loved ones and relatives. While we cannot accurately gauge the level of spiritual wisdom these souls have gained, we at least know that they have experienced both the human and the spiritual realms, and these spirits, while their spiritual evolution may or may not have reached that of a spiritual master or highest vibration spirit, do appear to us to show their love and to reassure us of their continued existence and their caring connection with us.

But for those who have had visits from deceased loved ones, for those who have seen winged beings of light and for those who have met their spirit guides in vision quests, dictionary definitions are of little importance. The feelings of love, of protection and of transcendent compassion are gifts for a lifetime and proof positive of love and life beyond the physical plane.

Heather: I’ve had my own experiences, and realize that everyone’s are slightly different, but how do spirits manifest to you?

I always know I am being guided by spirit when I feel a buzzing in my eardrum. This happens most often when I am doing a psychic reading for someone, or I am otherwise trying to tune in to the other side. I have also had very strong experiences with synchronicity, many of which I believe were specifically arranged for me by spirit. I have also experienced unusual smells as well as very strange happenings around the house, which I know were spirit visitors. Last but not least, I have many amazing orb photographs, most of them taken in response to my crazy cat madly chasing invisible entities around the house, and these photos I am convinced are actual spirit orbs.

Heather: Do you see signs all the time? What about number signs, like 111 or 444. What do they mean to you?

Yes, I most definitely see signs regularly. There are many interpretations and 'dictionaries' for repeated numbers, and Doreen Virtue has a compilation of various number combinations in her book, Healing With the Angels. While I refer to that resource occasionally, I basically just go by the symbolism associated with each number. If I see a series of 4's, for example, I would know I am being 'nudged' to pay attention to what is going on for me in the realm of the physical, material world. 9's would indicate conclusions and so on. Number combinations to me are cosmic winks, so even if the particular sequence isn't giving me a clear message, just the fact that I am seeing a pattern in repeated numbers is a sign to me that 'someone' is trying to get my attention and that 'something' is going on.

Heather: How did you hook up with Coscom Entertainment?

I was fortunate to meet A.P., the owner of Coscom Entertainment, in an online writing and publishing group and when he read my manuscript, he took Angels Abound on for Coscom's catalogue.

Heather: Tell me more about your book The Now Age.

The Now Age is intended to help people rediscover their true selves and their true paths by looking at the best of today's spiritual scenery, sprinkled with many of my own spiritual pratfalls and discoveries, and described with plenty of smiles. I wrote The Now Age to help others wishing to integrate new age spiritual development into everyday living. Embracing the magic and the empowerment of today's spirituality is simple and natural and can enhance every aspect of one's life. From angels and affirmations to tarot, meditation, Wicca and wellness, it's all fun and it's a totally mix and match proposition. All you need is an open mind and heart to find a spiritual path that enhances your life, so I wanted to share what I learned along the way and help others discover their own potential.

Heather: Do you have any other projects in the works?

I don't have any books in the works at the moment, but my latest project is an online workshop series called Anam Cara Soul Garden. Through each series of guided e-seminars, members explore a wide variety of metaphysical teachings facilitated by experts (called Guest Guides). Each module of Anam Cara Soul Garden runs for 3 months and offers 2 week sessions on topics such as healing, magick, developing your psychic senses and working with angels. Please drop by http://www.arcanamatrix.com/for more information.

Thanks so much, Heather!

Heather: It’s my pleasure Zsuzsana. I am ever grateful that our paths have crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting and exciting stuff. Good interview--any writer collecting information to compile for their own collection (I have an idea) would find this helpful. Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete