Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Poetry Review

The Passion Runs Through It
by Debra Dietz
ISBN-10: 1424136210
Review by Heather Froeschl
Moments in time are often ignored or forgotten, but reliving them through poetic words can bring them back to life and to the forefront of our minds. This is the gift a poet hopes to give to readers. In "The Passion Runs Through It..." by Deb Dietz, that gift is willingly shared and embraced.

Capturing a feeling and portraying it openly so that others can feel it is a talent few have. Relaying a moment so well that others can say, "I know how that feels; I've done that!" takes a talent that Deb obviously has. Taking everyday images, from ribbons of asphalt to spiral bound notebooks, she opens the eyes of her readers to all that is around them. In magical moments of solitude and moon gazing, and passionate portrayals of love, it is clear that the word can evoke deep feeling. These are not epic poems, but short works of art that reach out to many senses.

Deb Dietz will feel like a friend whom you've shared moments with. My only complaint was that I wish the book were longer...I want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment