Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Fiction Review

If Only I Could...
by Greg M Sarwa
ISBN-10: 0976620235
Review by Heather Froeschl

Fate is sometimes undeniably cruel, at others, a gracious soothing mother to us all. When faced with harsh truth should we fight back with all we are worth? Or is it sometimes better to let fate take over and accept the outcome? What if the love of a soul mate is involved? Should we jump at a chance at happiness? Greg M. Sarwa addresses these questions and more in the novel "If Only I Could...."

John Kadel is an old man, living in a nursing home, accepting of the mistakes he has made in his life, but not accepting of the fate his doctor has advised him of. Time is growing short. Funny that Fate would also step in to shove his long lost love into his back, sending him sprawling to the sidewalk. Their lives were crossed since early childhood; they were destined to be together, but a few very bad decisions left them apart. Is it too late now? At what cost is happiness found at last?

This novel is the best soul mate story I have ever read. Well-written and balanced in descriptive scenes, dialogue, and plot, it is a page-turner I didn't want to put down. But then, neither did I want the tale to end. Greg Sarwa is a talented author to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment