Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Fiction/Romance Review

My Everything
by Denise Skelton
ISBN-10: 0595360238
Review by Heather Froeschl

A female PI, a wealthy businessman, a slightly nuts-o ex girlfriend, and a vindictive cousin are the main characters in Denise Skelton's "My Everything." Benjamin Harrison is on a mission to save his sister's life by hiring Dee Meyers and Meyers Investigations to search out the half sister he has never known. In need of a bone marrow transplant, his sister has precious time to live. Dee takes a special interest in the case after getting to know Ben, and their working relationship teeters on becoming becomes something much more.

Hesitant to get involved, Dee is concerned over the way her friends have handled their own interracial relationships, and her job doesn't exactly show her the best side of humanity. Will Ben be able to win her over? He tries very hard! But other obstacles are in the way. Janet, Ben's ex, and Dee's cousin Terry want nothing less than to come in between Ben and Dee. One of them is willing to go to great lengths to achieve this goal; one of them is willing to kill.

This work of fiction is an interesting look at relationships, and also a glimpse into the real drama of private investigations. The story flows well and offers surprises here and there. A romance set in reality; I feel the book will be well received. The writing is flawless and captivating. This is not your typical PI novel, but something else entirely.

I enjoyed the read and savored the story. I trust readers will find it tantalizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment