Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Fiction Review

Eenok and the Womb of Gods
by Andrew SkoroBogaty
Review by Heather Froeschl

An epic adventure awaits in the pages of "Eenok and The Womb of Gods." Open the book and open your mind to a vast world of guardians, giants, storytellers, servants and dragons. This is no light fantasy though. The deep, thought provoking side of the book touches on high intelligence, spirituality, and prejudices. "Eenok" is a book that will envelop you, if you allow it, and will leave you deeply touched.

The main character, Eenok, must overcome the prejudices against him, endure being a servant to the dragons where he is trapped among them and basically overcome great evils. He is guided by El (God, in this world) and the goodness of love and light. The plot is so much more involved than that, as the author has created an intensely multi-dimensional universe that nearly boggles the mind.

SkoroBogaty suggests that readers skip the first three chapters if they wish to simply dive into Eenok's adventures, though I hesitated to do so since I needed to review the whole book. It was difficult to get through the beginning and I found it hard to let go of reality and immerse myself in his world. Once I did, it all became a little clearer.

This book is deeply spiritual, yet full of sci. fi. appeal. Head hopping gets a bit tedious but the scenic descriptions more than make up for that distraction. The writing is well executed and obviously well planned. Christian Fiction readers, put Eenok on your Must Read list.

No comments:

Post a Comment