Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Poetry Review

Sui
by Michael Indemaio
Edition: Paperback
ISBN-10: 0971350353
Review by Heather Froeschl

A fresh new look at poetry, "Sui," is a collection that proclaims nothing, but exudes a feeling of delicious youth. Michael Indemaio is a young New Yorker that shares his work with the world in a way that opens the mind to poetry and the reader to enjoyment of the words.

This collection is almost rebellious in its wonderfully modern style. Focusing on the feeling of the pieces rather than stuffy rules and formulas, each poem has its own emotion and evocation. With topics as varied as a night's dreaming, "Sui" will surely touch every person who reads it.

My personal favorite is titled 64 Crayons, where a red heart valentine awaits the embellishment of unnecessary borrowed silver and gold. Capturing this moment, this realization, and this innocence of childhood is an exquisite achievement.

I applaud Indemaio his writing.

For a new look at poetry and a breath of fresh air through the written word, I highly recommend "Sui."

No comments:

Post a Comment