Back on Track

New reviews coming soon! I'll be importing my work from the past two years, but in the meantime,
I'm reclaiming my small place on the web.

Saturday, February 8, 2003

Cookbook Review

Cooking With Bananas
by David Woods
ISBN-10: 0595242731
Review by Heather Froeschl

If I ever get stranded on an island covered with banana plants, I hope I have a copy of this book with me! David has covered the complete possibilities of the banana in "Cooking With Bananas". Call me conservative but I'll likely stick to the bread and dessert sections. However, for the more daring there are such dishes as Chicken and Banana Casserole, Banana Citrus Seafood Stew and Tropical Fruit Stir fry.

I don't know if Elvis preferred mayonnaise on his "Nanna" sandwiches or not, but David offers a recipe for one. My kids are very interested in the sweets section, including the Banana Nut Pops and Frozen Chocolate Bananas. Whatever gets them to eat more fruit is fine with me!

David has been kind enough to give us a little introduction to this versatile fruit, with nutrition values and choices of varieties available. I love David's cookbooks. They offer a new look at staple foods, with a unique twist. The occasional typo, here and there, only adds to the charm of these titles. Have fun with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment